Toronto police will be providing an update on Tuesday morning on a playground shooting that injured two young girls in Scarborough last year.
The shooting happened around 5 p.m. in a small park in the area of McCowan Rd. and Alton Towers Circle on June 14, said police in a press release Tuesday.
One man opened fire on another man who was in the park where 11 small children were playing.
Two sisters, who were ages 5 and 9 at the time of the incident, were hit by the gunfire. The younger sister was shot in the abdomen, while the older sibling was shot in the ankle. Both underwent surgery at SickKids hospital before recovering at home.
Two men were charged in connection with the shooting last summer, while another man was charged with accessory after the fact to commit an indictable offence.
In the Tuesday press release, police said a 23-year-old man is wanted in connection with the incident.
T’Quan Robertson of Toronto is wanted for attempted murder, two counts of aggravated assault and the discharge of a firearm with intent, said police. He is described as 5’8” and 130 lbs.
Police said that Roberston is considered armed and dangerous, and if seen he should not be approached.
At 10:30 a.m., deputy chief Peter Yuen and Crime Stoppers Toronto chair Sean Sportun will be providing updates on the investigation.
Emma Sandri is a breaking news reporter, working out of the Star’s radio room in Toronto. Follow her on Twitter: @emmarosesandri